Neighbourhood Events, Seasonal Festivals, and a lot more...
South Surrey & White Rock hosts a flurry of events and festivals for the whole family year round. The art scene is a constant presence in the area and highlighted every year during September and October with the White Rock Fall Festivals of the Arts. Big sporting events include the Tour of White Rock and the ISF XV Women's World Softball Championship. Food lovers will also find their account with White Rock's annual restaurant festival: The Taste of White Rock and families will rejoice with the Surrey International Children's Festival, the Annual Snowbird Air Show and the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair. For more family-friendly activities around town, check out Modern Mama South Surrey.
- White Rock Fall Festival of Arts
- Sept & Oct festival features music, performances, art exhibitions, multi-cultural celebrations, a gala and more. Come join us and celebrate the beauty of expression and humanity throughout this two-month long festival! For more info: White Rock City.
- White Rock Moon Festival
- Join us at West beach for live entertainment, vendors and a fireworks display on Friday evening at 8:15pm. For more info www.ciwr.ca
- Olde Harvest Fair - Stewart Heritage Farm
- Bring your straw hat and celebrate the harvest at Historic Stewart Farm's favourite fall event. In the spirit of the community harvest, please bring a non-perishable food donation for the Sources White Rock/South Surrey Food Bank. For more info: City of Surrey under Events.
- Light festival at Bear Creek Garden
- This year's light festival will be unlike any others! Wander through the lit up paths and be wowed by an ever-changing display of colours illuminating the garden, incredible tree projections, and an enchanting river of ice and light. Discover the wildlife around the garden at night with a Nature Guide and learn how these animals are adapted to survive to life in the dark. Don't forget to pack a flashlight and dress for the weather - rain or shine (extreme weather exceptions) and prepare to be wowed!
Event time: Held in Oct or Nov every year. Check out City of Surrey: http://www.surrey.ca/culture-recreation/20283.aspx for dates and time.
Location: 13750 88 Avenue - across from the water park.
- Annual Diwali Fest, Light Your Spirit (Surrey City Hall)
- Light your spirit at this year’s annual Diwali Fest in Downtown Surrey at the Surrey City Hall. The Diwali Festival brings together the best of contemporary and classical Indian Culture for the entire family. The event will include over 15 unique music and dance performances, and an Indian Bazaar featuring South Asian crafts and food. Where: Surrey City Hall, 13450 104 Avenue, Surrey, BC. http://diwalifest.ca
- Surrey Tree Lighting Festival (City Hall Plaza)
- Help us kick-off the holiday season as we light the 55-foot Christmas Tree in the City Hall Plaza.
When: Check out Tree Lighting Festival for date & time.
Where: City Hall Plaza, 13450, 104 Ave, Surrey
- Heritage Christmas Saturdays – Historic Stewart Farm
- Warm your toes by the wood stove this holiday season with a traditional Victorian experience. Taste fresh baked goodies, string popcorn, and try on real winter woollies as you tour the decorated farmhouse with costumed guide.
When: Dates TBC - Select Saturdays in Nov/Dec from 12 noon – 4pm
Where: Historic Stewart Farm 13723 Crescent Road, (South) Surrey, BC Phone: 604-592-6956
Admission: All ages, by donation
- The Lights of Christmas’ Warm Beach Camp (Standwood, WA)
- Enchanting, Magical and Unbelievable! More than 1 million Christmas lights will be displayed over 15 acres at Warm Beach Camp in Stanwood, WA. The Lights of Christmas offers 5 entertainment stages, crafts, pony rides, a petting farm, and Polar Express Train rides. Visitors can shop for Christmas gifts, listen to carollers, live music, and visit with Santa Claus or Bruce the Spruce, the talking Christmas tree.
When: Check The Light of Christmas website for dates & times.
Where: Warm Beach Camp, 20800 Marine Drive, Stanwood, WA 98292
- White Rock Christmas Sail Past (White Rock)
- White Rock Christmas Sail Past - Boats will be marshalling off the White Rock pier for the 'Lights On' at 5:00 pm and will make two passes by the pier. Come by and watch this beautiful display of lights on the water. Note: Best viewing at the end of the White Rock Pier.
When: Date TBC - For more info: www.inwhiterock.com
Where: Boats will be marshalling off the White Rock Pier for the 'Lights On'
- Annual Winter Wonderland at Ocean Park Hall
- On the first Sunday of December, the OPCA hosts the Annual Ocean Park Winter Wonderland. The event involves decorating the backyard as a winter wonderland, photo ops with Santa, pizza dinner for the kids, beer and wine for parents and a holiday movie.
When: For dates & times, check out Ocean Park Village website
Where: Ocean Park Hall, 1577 128th Street Surrey, BC
- Christmas Train at Bear Creek Park (North Surrey)
- Take a picture with Santa Claus and receive a candy cane! Enjoy the festivities with family. Also, don’t forget to ride the train through the Christmas forest. Bring a bag of clothes to donate to the Rick and Sue Foundation and purchase a ticket for $6.
Limit one ticket per family of 4. Clothing bins are located on site.
When: For dates & times check out BC Trains website. **Note: Closed on Christmas Day.
Where: Bear Creek Park, 13750 88 Avenue, Surrey, BC Phone: 604-501-1232
- Surrey Santa Parade (From Cloverdale to Surrey Centre)
- Join us at our popular Annual Surrey Santa Parade. The parade consists of an amazing collection of lighted trucks and big rigs, which will start at the Cloverdale Town Centre and end up in Holland Park. There will be a traditional parade made up of a collection of lighted fire trucks, ambulances, horse drawn carriages, vintage vehicles, floats, community group, dance groups, mascots, R/C vehicles and sporting groups who lead the way for Santa Claus to come into town!
When: For date, time and Parade Route, check out Cloverdale BIA
Where: Cloverdale Town Centre, 176A Street and 60 Avenue, Surrey, BC Phone: 604-576-3155
- Christmas Open House at the Historic Stewart Farm (South Surrey)
- Old-fashioned Christmas at the Historic Stewart Farm - Start a family tradition this year with a visit to our annual holiday gathering. Sing along with classic carols played on our piano, indulge in sweet Victorian treats baked in the wood stove, and craft old-time Christmas décor for your tree. Drop in, all ages.
When: For date & time, check out Historic Stewart Farm
Where: Historic Stewart Farm - 13723 Crescent Rd, Surrey, BC V3S 5H8 Phone: (604) 592-6956
Admission: By donation
- Annual Winter Ice Palace (Cloverdale)
- The Cloverdale Arena is once again hosting our Winter Ice Palace! The arena will be transformed into a winter wonderland, complete with an old fashioned frozen pond, that will bring back memories of the good old days. Bring the family out to enjoy this popular event.
When: For dates and times, check out Winter Ice Palace
Where: Cloverdale Arena, 6090 176 Street, Surrey (Cloverdale)